22. Parents Offering Token Items During Check Out/Transition
36. Do we have any ethical guidelines regarding shared work spaces among two companies that provide similar ABA services in a private property?
A team is looking for insight on how to handle parents offering dinner and other token items during check out/transition out of service session (especially how a BCBA would coach a RBT to handle this in the moment)?
- Explanation of appreciation but limitations that exist to accept
- Make sure message is firm but respectful; establish mutual trust, prime the situation
- Many of these families feel eternally indebted to us, we need to acknowledge their thankfulness and redirect this – illustrate your own values “the best gift for me is for you to be here and be present and participate on this journey with me” etc.