Over the past 10 years, we have dedicated immeasurable time and resources in service of advancing Behavior Analysis practices in Arizona, and for the recognition of ABA as a medically necessary treatment. Now, in the wake of COVID-19, we’re all in the precarious position of having to make careful and considered decisions that will not only impact the lives of our clients, the lives our tribes, but also the future of our field. AzABA would like to thank you for continuing to provide medically necessary services to people that need the kind of help that only scientist-practitioners of ABA provide. One of the most significant changes to date in Arizona is an increased opportunity, particularly for AHCCCS-funded providers, to provide effective ABA treatments via telehealth.
This is a time for community and connection–if you have any general questions that we can help with, or if there is something your organization has tried that has been helpful in navigating these waters, please reach us at arizonaABA@gmail.com. Wishing you all continued health.
AzABA Board of Directors
ABA Provider Resources:
- The ABA Coding Coalition
- AHCCCS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Regarding Coronavirus
- DDD FAQ regarding COVID-19
- BHCOE COVID-19 FAQs for providers
- ABAI Practice Board
- ABAI Billing Codes Commission
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- U.S. Department of Education resources for schools and school personnel
AzABA Community Resources:
- Navigating COVID-19 for ABA Businesses in AZ
- Conference calls every Thursday and Sunday for business leaders to express concerns and share ideas. Email Erin.Cook@azaba.org for more information.
- Continuation of our Special Interest Group meetings with CEU opportunities, held monthly,
- AzABA Social Media: We have been sharing links to other webinars, web-based trainings, or resource links.
Health Organization and State Resources: